Publishing task 3 - Final Website Migrated, Plugins and Code Snippet Choices

 

Publishing Task 3

Final Website Migrated, Plugins and Code Snippet Choices

To migrate my site online I used IfastNet since I had experience in this from ca1. I got a new hosting package and new domain which matched the ca2 site I was making. To import my sit I used all in WordPress migration, export my local host file to then uploading it to my c-panel using all in one migration again to import all the files in one go. In terms off problems there wasn’t any serious ones since I had a good idea at what I was doing, however I did take a very long time to import it  which was confusing since the file size wasn’t that big , only 200mb.






I used the theme macaque, I choose this one has it really stood out to me aesthetically , while also allowing me to have fun making block layouts on the site. It also had a really good film grain effect on it which I thought went really well with my site.

Plug Ins

10 Web Booster, This plug in was one just to make the site faster and optimize everything, it overall made the loading times 0.4 seconds faster. I also customized this

Akismet anti-spam, I customized this to include a privacy notice under the comment form and protects my site from spam.

Limit Login Attempts Reloaded, to create a more secure site, I added this plug in and customized it so that users have 3 attempts to login, this was to prevent hacking and create more reliable reviews as it ensures there not bots.

Photo Gallery, To create custom galleries, I used this plug in which I was able to create galleries which allowed users to view the images full screen in a slide show mode.

Ultimate Member, used this plugin to create allow members to sign up, thus creating a more reliable review site. Also, some things on the site are restricted to members only thus pushing this feature onto them

Minimum Comment, to prevent bot spam, and just one-word comments

Code Snippets

Redirect to post if search results return one post, this makes it so that if a user searches in the search bar for a

certain word, and there is only one result for this it will automatically load that page for them once searched.

Useful Code Snippets for WordPress - WordPress Theme Detector (wpthemedetector.com)

Max comment, this is just to prevent users leaving very long reviews which take away from my own reviews I

have uploaded to the site.

Removes WordPress version from site, a simple code snippet just to remove the version of WordPress I used from the footer.https://wpthinker.com/remove-wordpress-version-number/

URLs are not clickable, to prevent people being led away from my site and to prevent hackers putting links into comments.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts