Choosing a UX Based Concept for your CMS - Publishing Task 2

 

Publishing Task 2

This blog post is a short post which will summarize the basic UX goals I researched and chose to implement into my main assignment website. It is split into 3 sections, What we’ll build? , Why build it? And How to Build it?

What we’ll build….

For my website I want to build a site which can demonstrate all my favorite tv shows and movies , these will be split into their own two sections each having blog posts such as “Top 10 Scfi films “ etc. I am doing this as I feel like I can get a lot of good quality content into the site , wh
ilst also being able to add a lot UX features , plug ins and code snippets .

The result will look like sites such as IMBD and rotten tomatoes, which are easy to navigate and have some great UX features.

Two UX features I wish to include on my own site is an easy to use navigation bar along with a more precise search bar with an option to filter down results, eg chose what genre of film, length of film , score rating. Also, I would like to implement a feature onto the comment section where people can leave their own reviews, but this must be regulated and monitored





 

Why build it?

I am building it as I am a bit of a film nerd , I watched countless movies and I always like to review them in a way, however I never post these has I don’t feel like there is a suitable place for them , for instances anybody can leave a review on imbd which doesn’t make it very reliable , and for rotten tomatoes he relies more heavily on the movie critic reviews, so I wanted to make a site which can show off all my favorite movies from each genre , the newest movies available and also reviews for these films. I also want to achieve this process of finding your film and review in the fewest number of clicks possible as I knew for myself anyway when I a m trying to find a movie to watch ill end up going down a rabbit hole and an hour later I still haven’t picked a film. I want to change that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxjyYtF6cXs

 

How to build it ?

For the easy navigation a well-chosen WordPress theme will help with this simplistic approach but for the review section I will solely use code snippets, I was told I could probably get all 5 of my code snippets needed for the assignment in this review section alone . I will use code snippets to regulate word count, bad language, spam comments, have a way to verify a user before they can leave a comment and having an upvoting so that the best reviews are placed first.

https://www.sitepoint.com/5-funky-wordpress-snippets-to-customize-your-comments/

 

Interacting

See comment section 


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam elder is using a similar ux feature to me , I enjoyed their blog post in which they talked about implementing a wordcount limiter on the comment section.

    https://adamelder02.blogspot.com/2022/11/cms-publishing-task-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts