Week 9 Reading and Writing

 Overall, I have found the reading and writing assignments pretty good so far. They have been working well , i didn't enjoy the academic papers as much as the the normal articles and videos, i personally thought that the videos were also very beneficial, my personal favorite was the the one in the game fun week. it was fun reading about the what the actual definition of game fun is in the gaming community and being able to implement that into my own game was a huge benefit, before hand my game was a simple racing game but after reading all about "fun" in games a began to implement the techniques showed in the articles into my own game and i believe they where a huge benefit to my game.

All of the readings were in good in their own way , i will admit i wasn't a fan of the academic readings there was just an overload of info which the majority i just couldn't understand, however despite them being complicated they still gave some amazing information. For example the Games Decision paper which described how the flow of a game impacts a players phycological behavior which i found very interesting , its not something that really applies to our games since they are so simple but in more advanced games this would be crucial. 

I suppose the most helpful reading was probably the Game Design Document one as without out it we would've been a bit lost on what a Game Design Document even is. Considering we had to make our own Game Design Document it was a very important reading not only just to get the task done but also for the planning of our game , I think i leaned the most from this particular reading and applied it to this course the most out of all the readings

Image of libary from https://pixabay.com/images/id-1204029/

Overall I am very happy with my game project so far , there still needs to be some fixes here and there but honestly its much better then what i had expected. I had high expectations when we first started for my game but i was told to lower them and i did , i now understand why we were told to set our expectations low as making a game is a lot
harder then it looks, even tho i was following a tutorial i was still struggling in some parts , but I pushed through and am happy with my game so far. It is defiantly my biggest accomplishment in this class , or maybe its even just staying up to date with the work every week which is another accomplishment itself 

Looking forward . i want to read more articles which apply to our games , like the promotion of games and how the big game companies mange to drag in so much attention or even some articles on what makes a game finished, like when the game developers decided that's it , that there finished and ready to make in public 

Comments

Popular Posts