Unity Tutorial 09

 https://gamedevbeginner.com/how-to-make-countdown-timer-in-unity-minutes-seconds/

So this week i worked on a unity countdown timer, i began by watching this video in full to get a understanding of it and how it works, i then applied this timer to my game but i unfortunately did not like it or how it looked so i went to the next best thing, the unity forms . Since i wanted a countdown timer which also reset the game if the set time went , fo example the player has 60seconds to get to the finish but if they dont make it on time it sets them back to start , with a new 60 second timer so the can start again, but this proved challenging. I ended up having to modify this code above to fit my own game and by using unity forums i was able to do exactly ehat i wanted to do, and it works pretty well. It did unfortunalty take me quite some time to this which was annoying since it seemed like such a simple task at the start but as  progressed it just got more complicated, but anyway i got it in the end , a fully functional countdown timer made using script code and canvas text in game 

screenshot of my script i made for countdown timer


Comments

  1. Hey Craig. Awesome work with your game so far I had a similar idea with implementing a timer into my game. Though I am still unsure whether I should give my game a timer or make it into an endless runner. Regardless thank you sooo much for leaving a link to that tutorial you found. That may come in handy for me later 😁.

    Hope you get a good grade in multimedia dude ✌🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts