Prototype

 Okay so we have started our games now, well our prototype of our games which just contains basic shapes and the simple mechanics of the game. I am happy with my prototype so far , I have my controls all set up along with having the camera following behind so, so far I have met all my targets in my plan. It did take quite some time to get it right tho I will admit , i originally was following YouTube tutorials on arcade racing controls but whatever was happening they simply wouldn't work for me , maybe they were outdated or something, but anyway I went back to the drawing board. I remembered the first tutorial we did was on a car game so I looked back over that and started applying some of that to my own code and it worked pretty well, I have the pace and correct controls I want which is good , however i am still having some issues with the turning, yes it turns fine but it just doesn't look smooth , maybe that's because the model is just a cube instead of an actual car but I'm going to continue working on this to see if I can improve it. As i said i have all my controllers set up so the A, W ,S , D keys are all controlling the car and i have set up my camera to follow the car from the behind at a slight high angle , so overall I think I made a good porotype which has set me up very up for next weeks task which is a first playable

What I achieved this week :

Setting up project folder

Creating Camera Follow Script

Creating Car Controller Script 

Setting up basic shapes of car etc

Organizing everything in project 

A screen shot of my prototype in the works .

Comments

  1. BRUUUDDDAA
    This game is a complete MAZZA brev i love how your making your own assets, I also heard that your planning to use blender for your player models and that sounds both complicated and sick. looking forward to seeing your first playable this week best of luck with it sir

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts